Gourry
Gourry asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 6 months ago

What is so universal about islam when it forces you to speak Arabic and to learn Arab traditions?

Lot of Muslims even believe that everyone speaks Arabic in heaven and live in an Arabic background (tents, desert, etc.).

• Mintee

you dont have to speak arabic to be a muslim.. but you should learn the prayer in arabic.. the prayer is written by God in a way that has vibrations in the spoken words like meditation which is beneficial to our body... You can also learn the meaning in your own language, but recite it in arabic.. but you certainly do not have to turn into an arab to be a muslim. by the way.. not all arabs are muslim.. there are arab christians, arab jews, arab athiests, arab pagans, arab buddists, arab sikhs, etc etc.. so being an arab means really nothing as far as faith goes... and in Islam,. Allah/\God tells us, its for the whole world..

• Gourry

So you agree that Arabic is mandatory in Islam. Right? If to go closer to God you have to speak Arabic, then this language is mandatory by definition. And so goes away the universal trait of this religion.

It's true that some people might give that impression. I don't go to my local mosque anymore as the first time I went in a man told me I need to change my name, which I did not agree with. They also don't do the speech on Friday in any language I understand. But that's not because of Islam, but their cultural opinions and also because they don't have imams now that speak the local language.

Much of the Arabophilia as I like to call it's because of wrong ideas. Personally I think it's a bit ridicilous that a European change name and style of clothing and grow a giant beard. You don't have to be an Arab copy to be Muslim.

The message of Islam is universal. A person can understand the message of the Quran through translations and studying the book. Understanding Arabic is no guarantee. Languages and different colors and culture are signs from God (Quran 49:13, 30:22) The message of one God doesn't requires skill in language to understand. That's the most important thing in Islam.

This is the Universal rule of Islam, set out for all mankind of all generations, till the dooms day that, There is no compulsion in religion , since the truth is clearly distinguished from false hood .

When you go to enroll into University for your Arabic Language study, then you need to learn in Arabic, both written and spoken , especially in University of Al Azhar in Cairo, which is the first University on earth, established around 1,100 years ago, while Europe was still remain in the dark age.

• Princess

You're welcome, you can check it to be sure :) but at least she was one of the first in the world to start a University

Islam doesn’t care about race, ethnicity colour

It only cares about if you are a good person, if you’ve done your 5 prayers and if you’ve believed in god

You must really be stupid if someone thinks every Muslim speaks Arabic, has an Arab background and they live in tents

How ignorant -

I’m not calling you stupid btw asker I’m generally speaking

Islam is Arab Supremacism.

It's what they have been programmed to believe.

Christers have been programmed to believe other crazy-ạrsed ѕhit.

Religion is backward, primitive, retarded and ignorant, and it makes people think, talk and act, backward, primitive, retarded and ignorant!

Neil DeGrasse Tyson: If you believe in the Christian story of Jesus, you can't call Scientology crazy.

Mormon or Scientology is just as provable as any other religion.

I find that fact just totally awesome.

Don’t you?

Scientology… when Mormon isn’t quite dumb enough...

~

• Gourry

Why do you talk about Christians?

• Nous

Scares weak Christians like you and the reality is Islam is growing and Christianity shrinking so Islam will be larger than Christianity in not to distant future!

If you think you are Christian you should not be attacking to drive people away but speaking of a loving God to draw them to him!

• Gourry

It seems that you guys still prefer to intimidate and resort to a form of violence rather than seeking peace like your religion claims to teach.