Someone can tell me why the strong presence of black metal bands in Québécois Canada,and if it has something in common with the Cascadian BM?

uhm, they are many (especially in the atmospheric current) and many have not heard them yet: Forteresse (their first album is called "metal noir québécois", for example), Gris, Sombres Forets, Grimoire, Akitsa, Délétére, Cantique Lépreux, Monarque, Ossuaire, Csejthe .. how come so many? do they have... show more uhm, they are many (especially in the atmospheric current) and many have not heard them yet: Forteresse (their first album is called "metal noir québécois", for example), Gris, Sombres Forets, Grimoire, Akitsa, Délétére, Cantique Lépreux, Monarque, Ossuaire, Csejthe ..

how come so many? do they have anything to do with Cascadian or more with French black (I don't think so much though, nothing to do with the style of legions noires or the recent blackgaze wave, or medievalism in Peste Noire's style, uhm)?