Someone can tell me why the strong presence of black metal bands in Québécois Canada,and if it has something in common with the Cascadian BM?

uhm, they are many (especially in the atmospheric current) and many have not heard them yet: Forteresse (their first album is called "metal noir québécois", for example), Gris, Sombres Forets, Grimoire, Akitsa, Délétére, Cantique Lépreux, Monarque, Ossuaire, Csejthe ..

how come so many? do they have anything to do with Cascadian or more with French black (I don't think so much though, nothing to do with the style of legions noires or the recent blackgaze wave, or medievalism in Peste Noire's style, uhm)?

Favorite Answer

"Someone can tell me why the strong presence of black metal bands in Québécois Canada,and if it has something in common with the Cascadian BM?"

Uh...like because the members of all of those bands may have seen the "Until The Light Takes Us" documentary or heard about the Emperor/Mayhem black metal murders.

What do you want me to say man? I really dont know the Quebec black metal scene or the cascadianwhatwhatwhat that you are going on about...

Source(s): nothing
    • ch3m15try

"Until The Light Takes Us" is dated 2008, many of these bands are formed first, I don't think (thanks for the advice.. advice in my turn Malmhaus)

Je parle français, désolée