Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 4 months ago

Do they make you pay air conditioning in an old folks home if you live there for the place that is your address?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • mom
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Best answer

I would not be surprised because those homes seem to take all the money and leave the family with nothing

• mom
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

thank u for best answer

• RICK
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

When Mom was in one heat and AC were included in the monthly bill

• Edna
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The cost of central air conditioning in an old folks home is usually included in the "rent" you pay for living there.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Ask the home, how would we know?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

There are several ways that electricity is paid for; It many be included in the rent or the rentee may have to pay the electricity seperately.

• Tigger
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Usually they have central air in those places that is run by the home. The residents pay a monthly fee that covers everything to live there.

• Judith
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

They're all different.

My mother lives in senior housing and has a small apartment. She pays all utilities like she would if she had her own apartment elsewhere.

A friend lives in senior housing and she pays almost $3000 a month for her two rooms which includes a small cooktop and microwave. All utilities are included as well as a housekeeper who cleans her place once a week, two meals a day (lunch and dinner), and they do her laundry once a week. They have services on-site e.g. beauty salon but they pay for their own hair care and manis and pedis.

A person needs to check out many places before determining what can fit their budget - at least that is the case in larger cities because there are so many choices at so many different price ranges.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

It depends on the home. Where I live there is no air conditioning, but we are allowed one portable air conditioner, or a restricted BTU, and our electrical is included in our monthly rent so we don't pay extra IF we have a/c.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

My Mom just moved into an old folks home just 2 days ago. We visited several before she picked one. Seems they all do it a different way.....so the answer is it depends on the place, (you'll have to call and ask) . In her situation it is one big monthly payment for food, electricity, AC/Heat, basic cable, and security, are included, but no internet or phone is provided. The dining is included in the rent (they have a chef prepare 3 meals a day for them, and then free snacks) It's a very nice and pretty large place with 200 or so people living and dining there.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.