Can recent toe surgery disqualify me at MEPS?

I m working on joining the Navy. I registered to go to MEPS two weeks ago. Last week, I dropped a dumbell on my foot and it pushed the toenail in the skin making it ingrown. It didnt heal at all. This past Friday, I went to the podiatrist and had part of the toenail removed because I read that MEPS wont pass anyone with an ingrown toenail due to active infection. It doesn t hurt but my foot is still a bit of a bloody mess. Will MEPS still pass me even if the wound is still healing?

Favorite Answer

You will be temporarily disqualified until the toe heals.

• Alexander6 months agoReport

Exactly what happened. "680, come back when the wound closes up"

nope, and if you didn't tell your recruiter, they will probably drop you, for wasting thier time taking you to meps

• ?

Nope. You should probably get rescheduled for AFTER your injury has healed.

They will evaluate it, Case by case basis. I had an ingrown nail removed a month before shipping to Basic, It had not grown back completely. Was not infected, so they let me ship.

Source(s): Retired AF SNCO,

They will evaluate it, and look at it, and make their decision. No way to know yes or no for sure.