Pat
Pat asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 6 months ago

Have any of you used predator urine to keep raccoons out of your fruit trees? Did it work? If yes, which predator and how?

did you apply it? I just lost all my peaches to raccoons, and last year lost all my apples. They strip the entire tree clean overnight. My apples will be their next victim unless I figure out how to repel them.

Favorite Answer

Go to your local zoo. They will sell you manure from animals. Use some of this manure around any area you want to protect. Just make sure to get manure from a predator. Lion, tiger, bear, wolf, coyote, any animal that eats meat. When raccoons, rabbits, deer, any animal smell the manure from a predator they will avoid it. They may not know what kind of animal it is but they can small the meat. Not being eaten they will avoid the area.

My brother in law invited all the male guests at a party in my sister's house to pee all round the perimeter of the garden, to repel urban foxes.

It worked for a while, but they can't have a party every day ...

• John

I used a shotgun to keep racoons out of my chicken house. It is politically incorrect to call them coons.

Irish or Russian wolfhound pee. Get a Russian wolfhound, aka Borzoi. The laziest dog on the planet unless something is in their yard, and then a killer. Unless it is a porcupine, and they try with bad results.