Loyal asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 6 months ago

Why is this person doing this to me?

I came across a topic on YouTube about some "Feminists" being downright man-haters. But I call them "Femini-nazis" because I believe that feminists actually do believe in gender equality and not just laws for women and women only. I commented on a dumb video from Buzzfeed called, "Questions for Men" and I commented, "Ya'll ain't feminists. You're femini-nazis." And some random person replied to my comment (not the youtubers, a random stranger) saying, "You belong in prison." Did I say something wrong? Is there a misunderstanding? I was talking about the women asking the dumb questions in the video. Then I watched a video of guy commenting on this video and calling out how stupid it is. I commented, "All those dislikes are femini-nazis." You know, just as a joke. Then the same exact username says to me, "Would you rather be sexist?" I don't understand what they're trying to tell me. Am I coming across as sexist? Am I posting threats? Someone please explain to me what's going on. Am I in the wrong or is the person?

Favorite Answer

First off, Buzzfeed is hardly known for its "fair and balanced" approach to "journalism". Secondly, you used a buzzword popularized by a well-known rightwing radio personality and that tends to shut down any form of rational conversation. Maybe try "extreme feminist" or some other term next time you're trying to cite the (very real) disconnect between mainstream feminists and the hardcore crazies who've tried to steal that word.

So you guys are saying I was only wrong with saying the word Nazi? And why did they say I belong in prison?

• liz

You would need to ask them for an explanation of that. There’s nothing from the details that would explain why anyone would say you belong in prison. Perhaps they were addressing another person.

I think you've possibly inadvertently wandered in to a femi-nazi concentration camp, and are curently grappling with the vagina-gazer reichsjugendführer

• liz

The nazis were murderers. However cruel or biased or sexist or whatever you consider those people to be, they are not likely to be on a level where they can be compared with nazis. To compare people to nazis is to belittle what real people went through. You can call them mean, or hateful or whatever you feel sums them up best, but using the term feminazi is wrong.

This may not be what the person in your question meant but I’m pretty sure anyone with links still to the war and also many others who don’t, find the term offensive. Just my opinion. Youtube is full of divisive nonsense. Best avoided if you ask me.

This is the hypocrisy of feminism.

According to their rules abuse of men is justified, but abuse or criticism of women is misogyny.

I don't believe you were wrong either, but the feminazi brigade will say otherwise.

• Brian

That is the thing about online. Most people become more bold in saying stuff like that. That thought is they will never have to actually face you in person, so they are a lot more bold in what they say, or type..