is it safe to go to aos interview if we have limited order of protection?

hi i have a very hard and complicated situation and i need help ASAP. my husband sponsor me for green card. and we are had interview on june 11 but they sent us home. reason is because i have a limited order of protection against him. this was issued jan.2019 we had a fight and police got involve and OOP was issued.they didnt gave us a chance to explain or anything.now they sent us another interview on aug 22. i just do not know what to do. should i attend or withraw the petition. what if i get denied? what are my other choices so tjat i dont get deported. TIA

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Safer than living with a batterer surely. Not really certain what you're asking as no rational person would remain in an abusive relationship just for the hope of a green card. TBH the best thing that could possibly happen to you now is to be denied so you can return to your emotional support system at home and escape this ******. Leaving someone like this can be dangerous so your best bet is to go to the interview, maybe mascara in a black eye or something, and hope they'll detain and deport you rather than sending you home with a monster. This way he can't accuse you of abandoning him voluntarily (and stalk you until he has the chance to put a bullet in your head).

• 5 months ago

I would think that getting deported would be the least of your problems. Your husband will eventually kill you. The violence always escalates. Why on earth are you trying to stay with a monster. This will never ever get any better.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You can only sponsor someone who you are in a legitimate happy marriage with.

• 5 months ago

Your marriage is in trouble, and you need to return home! You will only be safe in your own country. And you need the support & caring of your family & friends now. Abandon any thought of remaining in US. You're unlikely to get approved due to difficulties in this marriage. And you really want to go home to your family - or else you are proving you were out for marriage fraud, immigration fraud all along.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • VAA
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

First of all, let me point out that your butchering of our language is just what America needs less of, secondly, you are not the kind of immigrants we want here any longer. Law abiding, hard working, immigrants are the order of the day...not those who would beat the chit out of each other or others. Enjoy Mexico.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.