How old were you when you stopped liking new music?

Favorite Answer

I always like new music. The sources have changed. Used to listen to the radio a lot. Commercial radio is expected to make profits, rightfully so. But I like to have my ears challenged.

I think I was in my late teens when I noticed that new music and artists were appealing to me less and less. Some songs get me going, but in my heart I'm stuck in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

• Rob6 months agoReport

Are you actually from Philly?

I'm pushing 70 & still like some new music.

Is it impertinent to say that I'm 25 and still like it? For most of my life I was dismissive to new music but in the last three or four years I'm like "wow, there's some great stuff now!".

This year these was the excellent album "Vastness" by Spellbound.

Also the songs from My Little Pony: Friendship Magic...so good...

21. I'm 31 now......

Source(s): nothing
    • Dominique

I would like to help you find newer music that you like. If you want to give me a chance, please just let me know some bands/singers that you like and/or describe your taste in music.

I still like new music in the genres I like. You don't find it anywhere in mainstream culture. I get exposed to new material in the genres I like through my Pandora stations.

15, my tastes due to my puberty changing a lot but I really lost tolerance for it at 23.

• Dominique

Just a side note, the NIN instrumentals aren't the hard/industrial rock you might be thinking.

more like, how old will you be when you start

I still like new music, but I read that your musical preferences do not change after twenty-three years old.

About college, music started not being good around then like 2010

• Dominique