wade asked in SportsGolf · 3 months ago

If my golf ball lands in the center of a 10 foot in diameter rock bed surrounded by the cart path do I get relief or is it a stroke penalty?

Ruling on a golf shot

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

if the ball and you are standing on the rock and it's not a hazard, you must play as it lies or take an "unplayable" penalty (2 strokes).  Taking the penalty, you get 2 club lengths from there. If it's still on the rock, then you can opt for another "unplayable" penalty.  If it hits the cart path, then you can get free relief. 

• 3 months ago

Impossible to answer. Every course has ground rules unique to that course. On two different courses with a similar layout, you might get relief at one and a penalty at the other.

• If the cart path is impeding your swing you would get relief (one clublength, no nearer the hole). UNLESS there is a local rule that says you are not entitled to relief on or near the cart paths (some courses will have natural materials for a cart path an want you to play from off the path).

• David
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I think you have to take an unplayable lie with penalty.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

read the local rules

• wade3 months agoReport

I tried but couldn’t find anything. Also asked the people working there but they couldn’t give me a definitive answer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.