wade asked in SportsGolf · 3 months ago

If my golf ball lands in the center of a 10 foot in diameter rock bed surrounded by the cart path do I get relief or is it a stroke penalty?

Ruling on a golf shot

• 1 week ago

if the ball and you are standing on the rock and it's not a hazard, you must play as it lies or take an "unplayable" penalty (2 strokes).  Taking the penalty, you get 2 club lengths from there. If it's still on the rock, then you can opt for another "unplayable" penalty.  If it hits the cart path, then you can get free relief. 

Impossible to answer. Every course has ground rules unique to that course. On two different courses with a similar layout, you might get relief at one and a penalty at the other.

• If the cart path is impeding your swing you would get relief (one clublength, no nearer the hole). UNLESS there is a local rule that says you are not entitled to relief on or near the cart paths (some courses will have natural materials for a cart path an want you to play from off the path).

• David

I think you have to take an unplayable lie with penalty.

read the local rules

• wade3 months agoReport

I tried but couldn’t find anything. Also asked the people working there but they couldn’t give me a definitive answer.