Read a book or hear a book?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Best answer

I'd rather read a book, rather than listen to it. Though I do listen to them in my car. Otherwise I'm not sure I would have gotten thru 'Rise and Fall of the Third Reich'.

• 3 months ago

read gives more control.

• 3 months ago

If I am busy hear a book. If I am not busy read a book

• 3 months ago

Read. It's harder for me to interpret things otherwise.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Joe
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Always read, and always a paper and ink book. No kindle for me, I want to feel it and smell it.

• Tony B
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Of the two, I prefer to actually read a book.

I don't think the two are really similar though (it's not either/or). I think an audio book is more like listening to a play. There are some audio books I have on CD that I really love and listen to again and again. There are others that I just couldn't listen to. It has to have the right reader. The right vioce can really bring stories alive.

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I prefer to watch interpretative dance performances of books.

• C
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Read. I don't want the narrator's voice in my head. I don't mind when a storyteller spins a yarn though, there's something different about the set up.

• donnie
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

Depends I like to do both. It depends on what mood I am in.

• 3 months ago

To hear a book can be a good option if you do not have time to read it, because read a book is by far the best option.

• chorle
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

My preference is to hear or read it with my ear especially if I am walking or driving

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.