My wages are being garnished for an auto loan but on my credit report it doesn’t show that anything is going towards that balance.?

Hello!!! I am trying to clean up my credit. I previously had a car back in 2015 which I voluntarily gave back due to the transmission going out. At the time I was a single mom and couldn’t afford to pay $2500 up front to get it fixed. In Dec of 2018 my wages started being garnished but the amount that I’ve paid so... show more Hello!!! I am trying to clean up my credit. I previously had a car back in 2015 which I voluntarily gave back due to the transmission going out. At the time I was a single mom and couldn’t afford to pay $2500 up front to get it fixed. In Dec of 2018 my wages started being garnished but the amount that I’ve paid so far does not show on my credit report or towards the balance owed (and this account is closed by the way and has been since 2015) I want to dispute this but I am not sure if I should. How should I handle this? And I don’t want to file a chp 7 or 13