What is the actual proof of evolution?
I'm trying to understand evolution but it's very hard for me. **TO ME** it sounds like they don't really know. Everything that I have read sounds like a well thought out guess instead of a fact. I understand and believe the facts it's just the theory part that I'm having trouble accepting. It really gives me a cult type of vibe. Tell me something and I'm just supposed to believe it because you threw in a couple of facts. That's how all cults start. Someone put my wondering brain at rest please.
- οικοςLv 79 months agoFavourite answer
Can you think of a simpler, logical explanation for those facts? If you can, publish it and you will become world-famous.
- Robin WLv 79 months ago
Get better sources. This is a good start. https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/...
- SnoopyLv 69 months ago
Darwin's selection of the species is the only proof to evolution as well as Lamarck's work, but mainly it's Darwin.
Hardy-Weinberg doesn't really apply in real life so maybe not real proof.
- Anonymous9 months ago
For the love of Bob, read a book. A biology textbook. Academic knowledge isn't available free on the internet. Most science journals are behind paywalls. Go to a library and ask the librarians for help.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Anonymous9 months ago
I don't think you understand what evolution actually means in the first place. It simply means ''change''. Genetic change. DNA mutation. When you have kids, that's called evolution, because your kid will have taken half of your DNA and half of your wife's DNA, and combined it with his own unique sequence of genes, and produce his own unique DNA genome. That process of DNA modification is called evolution. People selectively breed only certain animals and kill others, as a result, only those animal reproduce, they then produce better offsprings, we cherry pick only the best, and again breed only those. That is human selection guided evolution. In nature, evolution is guided by nature itself, it's called natural selection, animals and their habitat cherry pick who will reproduce and who will die, those that survive in an environment gets to reproduce. The process of reproduciton is what evolution means. Every reproduction carries a small genetic change that over many, many, many years results in a completely different animal.
- MARKLv 79 months ago
You do not say what you have read. Therefore, we cannot comment on the source of this drivel.
Evolution is a scientific fact. What you accept is irrelevant because nothing we know or do not know is not based on personal incredulity. Not being able to accept these things only shows a lack of imagination and the ability to think. Evolution is supported by a huge corpus of evidence.
It is often the case that those who pose these questions, especially the ones who hide behind the blue mask of shame, are not really interested in learning about or understanding evolution. On the unlikely chance I have misjudged you here is a good starting point. It is a Web site for the layman: https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/home.php
- CowboyLv 69 months ago
Evolution - the change of gene frequencies in a population over time, is a readily observed phenomenon. The consequences of such changes can lead to speceiation - something not seen as frequently but still observed - thus evolution is confirm fact - the theoretical aspects of the theory are mostly the phylogenetic relationsihips between groups. What part, exactly are you having problems with?
- Donut TimLv 79 months ago
Many aspects of biological evolution can be complex, but the basic process is simple:
1) Living things reproduce.
2) Sometimes mutations occur in living things.
3) A living thing either reproduces the mutation or it does not. (This is called “natural selection”.)
For item 1: The evidence is in the definition for life. Although defining "life" is quite difficult and somewhat arbitrary, every definition that I have ever heard included reproduction.
2: Any doctor, even one just out of medical school, can point out a hundred different human genetic mutations that he has studied. You can find long lists of common human genetic mutations online - but mutations also occur in all other species.
3: The choices "it reproduces or it does not" leaves no room for alternatives.
When mutations spread through the population, that population 'evolves', that means that it gradually changes over time.
- Anonymous9 months ago
Science is an attempt to explain nature. Evolutionary theory is a scientific explanation of what we observe in nature. A scientific theory is well supported by facts and it has not been falsified, despite numerous attempts to do so.
Some of the facts that support evolutionary theory as the most likely, logical and rational explanation for these facts are listed below.
1. Fossils. Human fossils are unknown until about 200,000 years ago, for example, but fossils that have characteristics of both apes and humans (e.g. ape like skull but leg bones that are similar to those of humans that allow walking on 2 legs) can be found all the way back in time to about 4.5 million years ago. The logical conclusion is that humans evolved from an ape, and these fossils with both human and ape features are intermediate species between human and ape. The younger the fossil, the more they resemble humans instead of apes.
2. embryology. The early embryos of a fish, salamander, lizard, mouse, pig, and human look so similar that scientists conclude that it is probably because these organisms share a common ancestor.
3. DNA. All organisms on earth use DNA to encode their genes. They all use the same 3 nucleotide sequences to code for the same 20 amino acids. Bacteria, fungi, plants, and animals all use DNA and the same genetic code. A sequence of AAA codes for the same amino acid in a bacterium, fungus, animal and plant. A sequence of CGA (cystosine, guanine and adenine) codes for the same amino acid in all living organisms. The most logical explanation is that all living things on earth shared a common ancestor that used that particular genetic code.
4. comparative anatomy. All fish, frogs, lizards, snakes, birds, and mammals have eyes that are similar anatomically. Their eyes have the nerves locate in front of the eye, and in order for the nerves to send a signal to the brain, there needs to be a hole in the eye for the nerve to pass through. Again the most logical and likely explanation is that fish, frogs, lizards, snakes, birds and mammals share a common ancestor that evolved an eye with a hole in the middle and they inherited this imperfect eye from this common ancestor. In contrast, the octopus, squid, and cuttlefish have eyes that do not have a hole in the middle because the nerves are located at the back of they eye. The most logical conclusion is that octopus, squid and cuttlefish evolved their eyes from their common ancestor, independently of vertebrates.
5. the dog. It shows that with selective breeding the dog can change drastically, showing us that living organisms can change and that these changes can be passed along to future generations.
Despite such strong supporting evidence, scientists are open to having their theory challenged by falsification. For example, one can falsify evolution by finding evidence that all living organisms can be found in the oldest rock layers, and that they did not change through time. For example, evolution is falsified if anyone can find a bullfrog, a rhino, a Komodo dragon, a human, a tiger salamander, a great white shark, and/or a pigeon in rocks that are 3 billion years old, 2.5 billion years old, 1 billion years old, half a billion years old, 250 million years old, 100 million years old, 50 million years old, 25 million years old, 10 million years old, 1 million years old and 10,000 years old. That means the bullfrog, human, rhino and/or pigeon have been around for 3 billion years and they have not changed one tiny bit. If anyone can do that, evolution will be falsified and will be abandoned. So far, no one has found anything to show that evolution is false. Different layers of rocks representing different periods in earth's history instead show different kinds of fossils, although the fossils of adjacent layers of rock are more similar to each other. That suggest that evolution has been happening throughout the history of the earth, with newer species replacing older ones. People who claim that evolution is not proven either do not know the facts supporting it or they ignore those facts.
- Anonymous9 months ago
atheist trolling ******************* **************** ************************