Can I drive with a ripped temporary license paper?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Why was your temporary license in a spot where it could get ripped? You're supposed to keep it in your wallet or in your purse.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Don't know. CAN YOU? The temporary license paper has NOTHING to do with how you can drive.

• 6 months ago

As long as you're not hiding something and it's legible, that's fine. I'd tape it up so you don t lose a part.

• May
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

You "can" drive if you are able. You "May" drive with or without a ripped or not ripped piece of paper.

Grammar matters

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

The condition of your licence has nothing to do with your ability to drive a motor vehicle.

Whether you can legally drive a motor vehicle with a torn driving licence depends on the opinion of your local police department.

If you are not stopped you have no problem. Should you be stopped by an enforcement officer then you may have a problem or two.

My Chrystal Ball is in for its annual overhaul so I cannot predict your future.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Sure, as long as all the info is readable.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes, unless the rip conveniently took out your name and license number and date of issuance and from where...so nothing is on the paper fringes. What is the chance the rip looks more like a shotgun blast?

• Ron
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Is the ripped license somehow preventing you from gripping the steering wheel?

• 6 months ago

The rip in itself shouldn't be a problem. It's not ripped so badly that it can't be read, right? Tape it up. The permanent license card should arrive in just a couple weeks.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.