Dvla did not receive my pass certificate 15 yrs ago!?

Hi , i have just re applied for my driving license and been sent a provisional... the dvla say that they can see on their system that ibpassed but have not received my pass certificate.... i passed 15 years ago! Does any one know where i stand or have any advice

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

All sounds a bit strange you need to speak to the DVLA.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Why are you still driving around on a "pass certificate" (a provisional driver's license) 15 years later? Why didn't you apply for a full driver's license 15 years ago?

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If they sent you a provisional license, then I'd guess that you have qualified for a provisional license.

• May
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

You ask: "Does any one know where i stand or have any advice" ?

Yes the DVLA knows where you "stand" and I advise you to contact them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

If they can see that you passed, where's the problem?

• Snezzy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Graham assumed that we would all know he's in the UK. We are (of course) elsewhere, which makes us mostly useless.

Regardless (or possibly even irregardless or disregardless) we know that Only DVLA Has The Answers. Even HM, in whose name they issue licenses, and who thus does not need one herself, would draw a blank.

They are, as any fool can plainly see, a government agency. Find that fool (No, No, Not ME!) and ask him.

• 6 months ago

What is "Dvla"? Some government office?

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Well, you need to indicate where you're located when you ask a question, or we can't help you. This is an international board, and the laws that might apply in the UK don't necessarily apply in a different country.

• 6 months ago

Where are you located? I've never heard of such an issue. Is it that you haven't had a license continuously for those 15 years? This could be a case of mistaken identity.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.