Drinking with my married boss ok?

So, I worked for a company for a couple weeks and quit. I texted my boss apologizing about quitting and

We ve been texting each other every day.

I mentioned over and over that we can only be friends and that s it. Because he is married. His wife is out of town and he texted me to come over. We plan on having drinks and playing video games.

What makes me nervous is that he said he was really attracted to me.

I m starting to question if that is even morally right?

Favorite Answer

Actually, the fact that you are asking this question is a clear indication that you know going to his home to have drinks and play video games while his wife is out of town is clearly inappropriate. to answer your question; is this morally right? NO, it is NOT morally right! You are putting yourself in harm's way. Why are you even texting this guy? He is married! He is disrespecting his wife and you too. And throwing alcohol into the mix is a sure way of self destructing. It is similar to pulling the pin on a grenade and thinking it won't destroy you when it goes off. Please don't go there. He is already compromising your integrity. You are better than this.

• Danielle5 months agoReport

Your right I am better than this. Thankyou for helping me realize that.

What the hell is wrong with you. You have told him you will just be friends.

He wants you to come over and drink with him when his wife is out of town and he is attracted to you.

What are you, 16 years old and ignorant?

He wants to get you over his house when his wife is not home, get you drunk and have sex with you.

STAY HOME. Stop texting a MARRIED MAN. Have some freaking decency and be a good woman to other women and stop communicating with HER HUSBAND. How dare you play stupid.....unless you really are that gullible and are stupid. LEAVE ANOTHER WOMAN's HUSBAND A L O N E.

LOL seriously ? Why would you go to his house while his wife isn't there? I can only think of one reason.

• Tara

No .. not ok.

If you go there - he will probably think you want him.

Stop everything with him - this will eliminate problems.

If you continue on with him - you could get into lots of problems that you never seem coming.

The right thing to do would be to stop all communication with him. Don't go over to his house, even if he said he just wants to play video games, don't put yourself in that position. If he is attracted to you, that will be way too enticing for him. Don't get involved with a married man. If he divorces her, then it's fair game. Please be smart.

You know it isn't.

I smell a troll.

If you want to know if it's morally ok, why not just ask your mother or his wife?

• so

You should do what you want to do. I bet you'll find something more fun to do than play video games.

You can just be friends….with benefits.

Just don’t respond and he’ll get the message

If you are not a troll, then you are really, really lame.

• Eva

Stop texting with him NOW and certainly don't meet him for drinks or anything else. You've left the company and there is no good reason to continue to stay in touch. I'm sure his wife would not be happy to find out he's entertaining other women in their home while she is out of town. Nothing good can come of this.