Mot on bike?

My motorbike has failed the mot test on the 7th of this month for a faulty front light. It is due for a re test in a weeks time. How much trouble will I get in if I get stopped by the police for driving on the road

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Best answer

It isn't the MOT that's your problem. Using a vehicle that failed the MOT automatically voids the insurance unless you're driving directly to a pre-appointed MOT test.

You'll be done for riding uninsured. That's a whole different ball game and a LOT of trouble.

• 3 months ago

the law changed this year ..they can fine you hard ..take the bike and under new rules ..no mot means 3 points on licence

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

If you haven't repaired the light, you'll get a ticket for faulty equipment.

• May
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

"how much trouble" ?

The same as the answer to this question: How long is a piece of string.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

You will get a "fix-it" ticket which will go away when the problem is fixed.

• Kamil3 months agoReport

The light is allready fixed. Bike is just after service just waiting on the mot

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

What matters is has the old MOT expired or not? If there is an MOT cert in place you won't be picked up by ANPR cameras. If, by chance, you are stopped, they will not proceed against you especially if you can explain that an appointment is made.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.