Too late to play out?

We live in a communal area where 6-8 kids like to play. But they are often out well after dark. They just roam the estate until 10:30 at night, even if it's school the next day. They don't often play outside their own house either. The oldest is eight and the youngest are 3 and 4 (the others are in between... show more We live in a communal area where 6-8 kids like to play. But they are often out well after dark. They just roam the estate until 10:30 at night, even if it's school the next day. They don't often play outside their own house either. The oldest is eight and the youngest are 3 and 4 (the others are in between these ages). They are in a group but it's not just that it seems unsafe to me (it is a good neighborhood) but inconsiderate to other residents. They make a lot of noise and mess. Would you let children that young play out unsupervised till that time? My kids (6-8) are in at 7:30 on a school night and 8:30 weekends/holidays. My kids are asking to be out later because the others stay out. I don't know what to do. Are my time too strict or is 10:30 to late?

Thanks
5 answers 5