Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 5 months ago

Too late to play out?

We live in a communal area where 6-8 kids like to play. But they are often out well after dark. They just roam the estate until 10:30 at night, even if it's school the next day. They don't often play outside their own house either. The oldest is eight and the youngest are 3 and 4 (the others are in between these ages). They are in a group but it's not just that it seems unsafe to me (it is a good neighborhood) but inconsiderate to other residents. They make a lot of noise and mess. Would you let children that young play out unsupervised till that time? My kids (6-8) are in at 7:30 on a school night and 8:30 weekends/holidays. My kids are asking to be out later because the others stay out. I don't know what to do. Are my time too strict or is 10:30 to late?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

These kids should not be out at this time. My granddaughter is 12 and has to be in as soon as it starts to get dark which is around 9pm and there is a lot of young kids in her street and the 5-8 year olds who are never out later than 7.30

Anyone who judges that is being ignorant. It's not your kids, so not your place to decide.

If you don't know how to deal with your children, you should probably call children services and have them taken away from you, you are clearly not prepared to be a parent. That will alleviate your time to focus on being critical of other parents full time. But remember while other parents choose to raise their children differently than you would, that doesn't make you right and them wrong (or vice versa).

• edward

They’re on the estate, what’s the big deal?

It's way too late for a school night. Poor parenting. You sound very responsible.