promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

Proof that irish people were slaves?

I always see Irish people go oh my ancestors were slaves too LMFAO show proof they like to talk sh!t about black people and say they were slaves too and even if they were I’m sure it wasn’t as bad as african slavery so was there irish slavery or not or is it just Eurocentric bs to try and say whites have been treated just as bad as blacks in history times.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

lmao true. i think its just a myth, i dont know why they are so determind to try and act like they suffered aswell. lol

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Whites (including white children) were sex slaves to African Moors and Ottomans and mongols. Black slavery doesn't compare to white slavery. Blacks were just forced to work. Whites were sex slaves. That's far worse than being cotton pickers.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

While I'm sure many groups have been

slaves at 1 point in history no one group has

had it as bad as the Africans who endured

much pain!

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Please, it's IRISH AMERICANS, who are just Plastic Paddies, who make this claim. They aren't really Irish; it's hilarious--most of them claim to be, and the family names they give you are English or from elsewhere in Europe! Some don't even know that there is an Irish language.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

The Irish consider they were enslaved by the British and it's not far from the truth. You shouldn't be laughing your ars* or anything else off, when there are graveyards full of Irish people who died of starvation at the hands of the British, or, more particularly, the English, especially during the potato famine. Further, Irish people were taken by force from Ireland and sent to the West Indies to support the sugar trade. Suggest for your education you read the excellent book 'To hell or Barbados', which explains the plight of those Irish people and their fate in the West Indies. If you want proof, their descendants are still resident on that island.

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

No they were not. However, the transatlantic slave trade was run by a cartel of Irish slave ship Captains operating out of Northern France.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.