Would you need to be very drunk to be in danger of alcohol poisoning?

Can you die of alcohol poisoning even if your not that drunk or tipsy? or would you need to be pretty much unable to stand up to be in danger of poisoning or dying because of alcohol?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    Yes very much so...........

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 5 months ago

    Essentially, yes. While there are obviously many factors that go into this type of thing, you need to have a very high BAC (blood alcohol content) to die from alcohol. Of course, if you have an existing condition where alcohol in combination with that could cause death at a much lower BAC and so therefore not be "very drunk"

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 5 months ago

    Alcohol is a poison. Degrees of drunkeness are just degrees of poisoning.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 5 months ago

    Not straight away, but every drink increases your future risk of cancer. Alcohol is now a group 1 carcinogen, along with asbestos and benzene.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    Even if you don't die of alcohol poisoning, you ARE killing brain cells. And if you are under 25, your brain is still developing, so the impact is far more serious that if you are older.

    • ...Show all comments
    • Actually it does. It eventually causes a known medical condition called Korsakoff syndrome. The neural degeneration occurs in the limbic system of the brain. When you encounter one of those old angry drunks on the street mumbling and gesticulating to themselves, that is likely the condition.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 5 months ago

    That depends is it just alcohol or have you had any other drug to go along with it people often mix alcohol and other drugs and then never wake up. Ordinarily in order to get alcohol poisoning you have to drink enough alcohol to get drunk. just catching a mile buzz isn't going to give you alcohol poisoning unless you have liver kidney or pancreas damage. And then a little bit of alcohol might just kill you

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 5 months ago

    You have to over indulge quite a bit to get alcohol poisoning.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • 5 months ago

    If you have consumed enough alcohol to kill you, you must have consumed enough alcohol to make you drunk since being drunk takes less alcohol than alcohol poisoning does. If, perhaps, someone injected enough alcohol to kill you straight into your bloodstream, the drunk stage might not last very long before you died, but it would be there.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • .
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    Alcohol poisoning occurs when there is so much alcohol in the bloodstream that areas of the brain controlling basic life-support functions—such as breathing, heart rate, and temperature control—begin to shut down.

    How much is dangerous depends on your weight, alcohol tolerance, and speed of drinking. For example, a 320 pound hard-core alcoholic man could probably safely drink a liter of liquor without killing himself (assuming he isn't driving a car of mixing medications).

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    drunk has nothing to do with poisoning ............................

    • Log in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.