How would Medicare for all affect the U.S healthcare system and would it be better than the system in Canada?
- Anonymous6 months agoFavorite Answer
A total disaster. You do realize that there is NO requirement for Doctors or Hospitals to accept medicare.
The government can't run anything efficiently, why would you want them in charge of your health insurance?
Wanna bet princess? I am a Marine, we know better than to expect anything but crap from the government
You lose again.
- StasiaLv 46 months ago
when socialist who have social health care come to a country like America for health care that tells you a lot.
- Anonymous6 months ago
Everyone knows the goverment is more efficient, faster, gets better results at lower cost than private companies.......right?
- Anonymous6 months ago
I have good health insurance now. Under Medicare for All, my tax burden would increase and I’d likely have inferior care.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Justin ThymeLv 76 months ago
Canada's system isn't very good. Medicare for all would be even worst.
- The TaxpayerLv 76 months ago
Disaster. Want taxpayer funded healthcare? We've already got it. It's the VA. More than 80% of veterans don't use it. And still, people are on a waiting list for a year.
- PrincessLv 46 months ago
1) Lives would be saved
2) Employees would no longer have $ deducted from their paycheck for health insurance.
3) All people will be able to get basic health care and not have to get ER service for a headache.
4) NO ONE would ever again be forced into bankruptcy over medical bills.
5) A secondary market for ADDITIONAL coverage would still be available.
6) Small businesses can focus on their businesses and not on offering health care.
7) People would not be forced to remain working at a company "for the medical benefits".
- 6 months ago
I don't know a lot about health care and even less about Canada. But I do know this. Every year thousands of Canadians come to America for health care. I have never heard of an American who went to Canada for health care.
Also thousands of Brits come to America every year for health care. So when socialist who have social health care come to a country like America for health care that tells you a lot.
- Pearl LLv 76 months ago
it might be better cause then everyone would have it
- Huh?Lv 76 months ago
It depends on what the final bill looks like. Many mean Medicare for all could just be an option to take Medicare over a private plan, the so called public option. Others are seeking to replace private insurance with Medicare mandatory for everyone.
- Alvin ColmesLv 76 months ago
It would bankrupt us. LOL