ash asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

What does this mean?

I am a 27 year old female and me and my best friend were talking yesterday on the phone and she had invited me for today to go shopping with her, her daughter and her granddaughter and I told her no thanks that I was just used to it being me and her and she understood and she said that she would never force herself on me. What does she mean by that? I didn’t ask her what it meant though and I know that probably sounds like a dumb question but it’s just I feel so uneducated on a lot of things

Your friend has a grand daughter? how old is she? 60? and you are 27? she is like your mom than your friend, isnt it?

As from my personal experience, people tend to get angry when you refuse an invitation. I know because I feel the "pain" my self. It is like dealing with someone who is self centered who cares only about themselves. I also had a friend who gives excuses when I invite him to do an activity together. I'm distancing myself from him because I know this guy only does what he wants and not considering my wish as his friend. so that you know.....

• peter

I think your friend means she would not force her whole family on you. People tend to want all the people they love to get on so perhaps she had already planned that outing and wanted to include you as her friend into it..

She was obviously a little Butthurt about you wanting to only go on shopping trips with 'Her' but are not comfortable with her including her daughter & granddaughter,

and just as obviously overtly hit back with some sarcasm.

I'm a "Guy" so don't ask me to understand about "what it is with 'Women & Shopping" ,,

But,

If there's anything I might understand,

it's that Women with their Daughters & Granddaughters are often a 'package deal' , to-wit One sometimes doesn't come without the Other in all things including but not limited to even sometimes shopping with friends.

So,

it appears that your friend may have felt that you might have considered her Daughter & Granddaughter to be an "Imposition" on the intimate camaraderie you enjoy with each'other when shopping together while proposing a nice "Girls day out" that would've included her closest family & a closest friend,,hence the backhanded remark about "Forcing' or imposing",,

LOL!,,for all I know, in another culture an invitation like that might be some kind of 'Honer' and declining considered something of an insult.

But far be-it from Me to make any assumptions about the common Culture of Women or intimacy issues in any of their Shopping-rituals!,,hahaha!

Something similar might be like a couple of "Guys" that are accustomed to only going bowling or Fishing with each'other then all of a sudden one wants to bring a visiting Brother in-law along,

and since not everybody does the same things the same way, in ways that can sometimes be inconvenient or even a little annoying, things can tend to feel a little awkward.

With 'Guys' it could be something as inanely dumb as the 'other' being introverted, extroverted, flamingly-gay, smokes, drinks, cusses, has a weak bladder or just isn't as familiar with the common activity.

Either way, Shopping is just Shopping and Fishing is just Fishing and for Men & Women one is no-less enjoyable than the other depending on perspective.

So,

I don't know what to tell you about how to heal the minor accidental scratch with your friend,

but you might consider inviting them all to do some kind of special Girly-thing that you're comfortable doing with a few more girls along...

• Alan H

Why not take it at face value?

She will go with you when YOU want

it means if you don't want to spend your time with her and her family, she won't push the issue.

What she said doesn't sound right. I think a man would say that to a woman if she wants to take it slow, and not have sex right away.

Perhaps she isn't ready to f**k, so I think a man would say that to a woman, so she feels less pressured into having sex.

I don't know why she said that to you.

Source(s): I am a male.
    • ash6 months agoReport

That’s what I was thinking too that that comment she said is meant for a man and a woman but she was t meaning it sexual because she does have a husband who she is happily married to

• Helen

So at 27, your best friend is a woman old enough to have a granddaughter? Not buying it.

that she didnt want to force you to go out with her

you dumb or something? it means she doesn't want to force you go with daughter and granddaughter if you don't want to even you said it yourself.

Sounds like she was saying she would never rape you. ‘Force herself on me’