Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 6 months ago

What questions should I ask a wedding venue?

Seeing our first venue and I want to make sure I don’t miss anything. Anything I should be sure to ask or look for?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Ask about pricing differences between specific dates and times, how many people they require you to book, the maximum number of people they can accommodate, their menu options, if children are discounted price, what amenities such as valet parking they might offer you, and if they will set up your decorations for you in advance.

If you do a Google search or look on wedding websites like theknot or wedding wire there will likely be a check list of questions you can ask them.

• 6 months ago

Make sure there's air conditioning.

• 6 months ago

Everything remotely related to what you want and need. Below are links to questionnaires you can use as a framework. Just keep in mind your own specific needs.

https://www.marthastewartweddings.com/600847/weddi...

https://www.herecomestheguide.com/wedding-party-id...

https://www.herecomestheguide.com/images/main/QALo...

• AJ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If it located at a hotel. You can negotiate where with so many rooms and if you use their catering they will comp the cost of renting reception room. etc etc.

Make sure how many people can be seated for dinner and if the dance floor is gonna be used or not. If is it make sure there is still plenty of seating without the dance floor. With all the electronic devices used as cameras and such, make sure there are plenty of outlets. Check the bathroom situation. How far away are they? do they have a coat room? How soon can you get in to decorate.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kelly
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

What if anything can you bring in from the outside (catering, alcohol, florist, dj, cake etc).

Costs

Food options

Decorating options and limitations.

Extra fees (clean up, automatic tipping, etc)

Back to costs and food, if they will be providing your food and you're inviting kids ask about kids pricing and kids menus. A lot offer that but won't advertise it since they make a lot more money charging you the same thing for a kid that they do an adult when they usually won't eat half of what an adult will and depending on the food might not eat any. For my own wedding, I had kids pricing and a separate menu for the kids (foods they would eat).

• 6 months ago

Price; what's included and what's extra; facilities; how many people it can hold; if there's a minimum spend, what time you need to be out, whether cleaning and staff are included, what sound limits (eg for music) are, when you can get in on the day etc

Also can you bring in external providers (eg florists, DJ / band)

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Have some approximation as to what a crowd as large as your guest list would look like so you'll be sure to have enough room. Making sure lavatories are reasonably accessible would be another thing to consider. If you're having music you'd look into the acoustics of the place. Depending on the kind of catering you'll be doing you may also need an onsite kitchen (although some caterers can work out of their own vehicles.

• 6 months ago

Whats included.

What are extras and what do they cost.

How long will you have the room for.

What are cancellation charges.

How does price vary through week and seasons.

Do they do off season special packages

Maximum people

Minimum people

• Cammie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Price. Capacity ,Food , Parking, coat room, Alcohol,decor ,types of tables .Amount of time to set up ? Will they do the cleaning ?

• 6 months ago

Be sure they don't have hidden fees like the cleanup charge

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.