What is eating my plant? I don't even know what plant it is since it just started growing in my compost pit.?

I believe its a cucumber or cantaloupe. There a fuzzy fruit growing at the end of one of the flowers.

Mix up a solution of dishwashing soap like sunlight a strong squirt into a plant misting bottle and spritz the leaves The bugs don't like the taste of the soap. It won't harm plant.

• Ben

Either slugs or caterpillars, I would say.

And if it's growing in the compost, it's almost certainly a melon. Shop bought cucumber don't have viable seeds, so you'll never get a cucumber plant to grow from the innards of a shop-bought cucumber. Melons, on the other hand, are full of viable seeds. They germinate in my compost bin all the time.

I’m thinking slugs or snails, they are hiding in the structure next to it.

Looks like a cucumber to me.

• gerald

maybe slugs or snails

• audrey

Looks like a cucumber plant. Not sure about the spots, mine always got them but by then I had sooo many cukes I didn't care! Lol

Are those cucumbers? Our cucumbers do that every year too. The leaves are getting sun bleached.

Those Japanese Beatles would be my guess.