What is eating my plant? I don't even know what plant it is since it just started growing in my compost pit.?

I believe its a cucumber or cantaloupe. There a fuzzy fruit growing at the end of one of the flowers.

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Mix up a solution of dishwashing soap like sunlight a strong squirt into a plant misting bottle and spritz the leaves The bugs don't like the taste of the soap. It won't harm plant.

• Ben
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Either slugs or caterpillars, I would say.

And if it's growing in the compost, it's almost certainly a melon. Shop bought cucumber don't have viable seeds, so you'll never get a cucumber plant to grow from the innards of a shop-bought cucumber. Melons, on the other hand, are full of viable seeds. They germinate in my compost bin all the time.

• 6 months ago

I’m thinking slugs or snails, they are hiding in the structure next to it.

Looks like a cucumber to me.

• gerald
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

maybe slugs or snails

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Looks like a cucumber plant. Not sure about the spots, mine always got them but by then I had sooo many cukes I didn't care! Lol

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Are those cucumbers? Our cucumbers do that every year too. The leaves are getting sun bleached.

• 6 months ago

Those Japanese Beatles would be my guess.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.