Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

Why is my cats right eye ( HER RIGHT) so watery?

It looked like someone dropped 6 drops of eye drops in her eyes . I didn’t even noticed until she trilled and I looked at her and she could barley get it open . I wiped it with a clean towel and she’s fine now but what caused it? Also my fan is on so it made it a bit worse I think

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Allergies, or she might of had something in her eye. Or she might have a infection

• J C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If it happens again, then she needs a vet visit. It may be just a piece of dust that was in her eye, the tears are there to flush it out. Or it could be an infection. Watch her, and if it occurs again, take a picture of it on your cell phone to show the vet (just in case) and make an appointment for her. Could be allergies, could be what is really a form of upper respiratory infection.

• 6 months ago

Quite possibly she simply got something in her eye, bit of dust, fluff, hair, grass seed, who knows, just like we can. The watering was her eye trying to flush it out. Just like us, too. If it's better now, that was doubtless it. If the inflammation continues though she ought to go to the vet, could be an infection.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Possible infection or possible allergy. Have your vet check the cat out - you don't want it to get worse and cause more eye problems.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

it could be something in her eye--a scratch-an allergy-an URI or even her teeth!! (infection of gums-or tooth)

• 6 months ago

Cat needs vet, asap.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It could be a seed blown by the fan, if it's troubling her, get to the vet. He will probably give antibiotic drops. Hope if works out OK...

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

keep an eye on it. if it happens again, make an appointment with a vet. you would see a doctor if you thought you had an infection. a cat should get the same treatment.

• 6 months ago

The most likely answer is that she's caught a small infection. Might need to take her to the vet for eye drops, could be something less serious though. But better safe than sorry!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.