Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 5 months ago

Is 300mg of benadryl too much?

I am overweight and tried 200mg of benadryl to help me sleep but I still took ages to fall asleep and I still woke very early so they may as well have done nothing at all. Would 300mg be dangerous?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I suggest using Melatonin, if you haven't tried it already. It is more natural to the body, and you will wake up with less side effects than you do with Benadryl. Melatonin is cheap and comes in different strengths. No serious side effects have been reported of using the chemical.

You can find it near the vitamins at your local store/pharmacy.

• Cammie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Talk to your doctor.ODing on benadryl is not the way to go. It isn't a sleeping aid.Ask your doctor for a sleeping pill.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Benadryl is NOT for sleeping . it is an antihistamine .

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

i think it could be dangerous, if you cant sleep ask your doctor to give you something

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Will
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

300mg IS the point at which doctors say you begin to overdose on benadryl. Since you are already unhealthy via being overweight, you could be at an increased risk of severe negative side effects of OD'ing.

Why act like an idiot and abuse drugs to help you fall asleep? Ask your doctor for professional advice. Maybe they will give you a legitimate medicine. Or maybe they will give advice on how to be healthier which in return can help initiate a better night's sleep.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.