rob asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

What is wrong with being introverted?

I don't like to go out and do thinks such as clubs or bars I mainly like to sit at home and read books or watch movies alone I have no friends to hang out with and I lost trust in most people as all they do is drink and do drugs and do stupid things which I don't care for drama is it so wrong to be your own company I never had dated or asked a girl out

I spend a lot of my time at home. There is nothing wrong with being at your own home, and doing whatever you want.

I like to read as well. I think reading is a good way to learn something new.

Source(s): I am a male.

Unfortunately: loudmouths rule in the present culture.

Besides your examples, have you noticed how our culture embraces former drunks and former drug-addicts? What about us: no points for NOT doing something stupid and self-destructive. How about all those who have "turned their lives around" after being criminals and miscreants? It's not comforting to know how much has been taken away from us in taxes for "behaving" (law enforcement, courts, jails, rehabilitation, food stamps, welfare, subsidized everything).

When do we get our reparations for following the rules and not being a burden?

• ?

It's certainly not wrong, but there needs to be a balance. Completely shunning other people is not a healthy way of life.

You don't need to go clubbing or bar hopping, but perhaps you could get involved with some volunteer work? That would enable you to meet other people in a different social environment.

Best wishes.

• Will

It is considered wrong because it goes against the standard instinctual social behavior of homo sapiens. We are social animals, but obviously have evolved to have the ability to not abide by those patterns. Is it ACTUALLY wrong in a moral sense? No. It is only a red flag if you are in fact suffering from schizoid personality disorder because it can lead to further problems, such as acute schizophrenia caused by isolation and your brain ultimately creating voices, auditory hallucinations, to compensate for its need for social interaction or you getting lost in your day dreaming and losing a grip on reality.

• Amelia

As a fellow introvert, I hear you. There's nothing wrong with being an introvert. It will get lonely at times though if you don't have any friends at all you can turn to. Not everybody is into drinking and drugs. You might want to look into meetup.com as a way to meet people who are into other activities and form some other connections.