Matt85
Matt85 asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 5 months ago

What bees do you prefer; honey bees or bumble bees?

or killer bees.

• C
    Favorite Answer

To watch? The bumble bees because they look cuddly and they have bigger faces, but I don't mind honey bees at all. We've just had the changeover from the early season to late season colonies in my garden so the proportion of species around has changed. It's mostly carder bees and terrestrial bumble bees at the moment. They're such hard workers that they frequently get caught out at night and I find them in stasis clinging to the lavender in the morning. I like to warm them up in my hands to get them going again as otherwise it could be hours if they've been particularly chilled down in the rain. They're very gentle creatures. I'm convinced that they can on the whole tell the difference between ill intent and good. They'll let you know if they're annoyed well before nipping or stinging.

• F

I got stung by a bumblebee the other day, just landed on my arm, i didn't move or annoy it. Very painful, much worse than a wasp sting.

I like both..........

Double B's ai love them melons

Breasts............

What the hell is this doing in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered Matt? Ya gave me a choice of bee's, for me its got to be the honey bee. How about you Stanley? IT'S SURE THE HONEY BEE FOR ME. ;-)

• Todd

My uncle had a honey bee farm. The only thing about that is that he hated dragon flies. They would kill all his bees. Bumblebees are harmless. There's not too much of a difference in behavior. Someone mentioned killer bees. Those you have to worry about. In Asia, mostly Japan, The giant hornet/wasp like to kill bees. Why bees? I have no idea The weird thing is the bees' defense. They surround a hornet and make it overheat. BTW, submerging yourself in water only sort of works if you're under attack by a colony.

In the garden? Big fat bumblebees! They just take their time going about their business and don't really bother if you are there.

Why aren't killers bees an option? Are you some type of f cking racist?

• Matt85

Okay, adding killer bees to the list as of right now. Sorry, the light, airy-fairy planet I live on doesn't have killer bees.

I know it may seem strange to you, but I actually have no bee preference.

I don't like any bees...........annoying things..........

• Summer5 months agoReport

If almost any bug became extinct, we'd die. No sun, no life, no plants, no life. No bacteria, we'd also die. You can say that about most natural things. We're caught in a web of life.