Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 6 months ago

Can where you live effect your internet speed?

I live in a very rural area in Indiana and my mom tells me that we can't get good internet speed where we live. The internet speed can get up to 1mbps when it's acting it's best. Really this does become a problem because a 9GB download can actually take a day to complete. I also use PlayStation Vue and that's where I'm having the serious problems. So does your location effect your internet?

Favorite Answer

It certainly does, rural internet speeds are always far slower than in urban areas. It is just not worth the telecoms companies upgrading the infrastructure everywhere as they would never see that money back.

Consider yourself lucky, I get 15 kilobits per second if it's working at all.

I would cut my own finger off if it could get me internet like yours.

Definitely. I live in a valley surrounded by mountains and then ocean, and our internet is godawful.

Absolutely yes.

• Bill-M

Yes it can. Internet connections from the Main Hub get worse the greater the distance from the Hub or Node.

(That is for copper wire connections) Coax Connections are a little better. Fiber Optic is the best.

Also the number of people on your segment will also effect connection speed.

I live in the swamps. I can only Google one word per day. lol

• skeptic

.....and that's by a boat, right? LOL

I am unable to comprehend your question.