promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is love? I need answers for a wedding speech.?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Love is going down on each other.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

If you have to rely on a message board An answer to this question, then this is not a topic your speech should cover. Furthermore it is a toast, not a speech, which means it should be a brief statement to congratulate the couple and wish them well. Two minutes max. They do not need your input about what love is, And the guests do not want to hear it either.

Just say your name, Congratulate the couple, tell them they look nice, tell them that they’re nice people and good friends, and then ask the guests to raise their glasses and join you in a toast to their health and happiness. The end.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

"Love" is many things from the dependence a child feels toward its mother to the devotion an old man feels standing over the grave of his departed wife. Marital love is different from dating love and often expresses itself more in small deed than grand romantic overture. When in doubt plagiarize from the masters as there's no shortage of odes and essays on this topic.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

oh boy.... not the time....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Trish
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

Read the books of Corinthians in the Bible they talk about marriage. God is Love He is within us It takes three he, she, and God.

• 9 months ago

Rainer Maria Rilke said it best i think: "Now love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other. And I agree.

In conversation with my daughter, I suggested that love was two people, treating each other as they deserve to be treated. She liked that better.

Or you could say that love is automatic acceptance and forgiveness, so long as both partners remember their vows (in front of their deity and friends).

It boils down to love is high regard based in everlasting trust. Don't mess with trust.

Read more at

• Sky
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Love is when you give in to barbaric hormone-induced emotions because someone cons you into thinking they're special.

• 9 months ago

Refer to 1 Corinthians, Chapter 13.

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)
    • ...Show all comments
    • Messykatt
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

@Sky - could you pls STFU? I'm Wiccan more than anything else, and I have always loved that quote. Your comment was incredibly rude and also quite stupid.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

when you two were born you were strangers. Growing up you were strangers. Then you met and became friends. Now on this you wedding day I have this to say. Love is blind to anothers' faults'. Love cares' about the other. Love never judges' however bad the situation and Love lasts' a lifetime.

Now you carry on

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.