How to withstand a punch to the belly?

I was punched in the belly yesterday. I fell to my knees and was unable to do anything except trying to breathe for at least five minutes. It was just one punch. Can i learn to withstand stomach pain from a punch? I don t want it to happen again.

• Marc

Work on your abs to make them strong and practice withstanding lighter punches and work up to stronger punches. This is part of fight training...being able to take a punch

• Yves9 months agoReport

Yeah i think i will begin doint sit-ups since my abs are close to non-existent. Thanks for the reply.

• Edna

If you don't want it to happen again, then don't get into any more fights and get punched in the belly.

• Yves9 months agoReport

It was not my choice if a guy was thinking i was onto his girlfriend just for talking to her. I said i was not but he punched me anyway.

build your abs and flex the muscles when taking a punch.

One famous death though to take as a word of caution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Houdini#Death

It's best to avoid it.

If it's unavoidable, flex your abs right before the strike. It's not going to make you invincible. But it helps. That is how I was taught.

Don't get involved in a fight.

• Yves9 months agoReport

I'm a non-violent person. I was talking to a girl when his boyfriend showed up and asked me if i was onto his girlfrend. I sais no but he punched me anyway.

It is better to learn to step aside.