promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How to withstand a punch to the belly?

I was punched in the belly yesterday. I fell to my knees and was unable to do anything except trying to breathe for at least five minutes. It was just one punch. Can i learn to withstand stomach pain from a punch? I don t want it to happen again.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Marc
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

Work on your abs to make them strong and practice withstanding lighter punches and work up to stronger punches. This is part of fight training...being able to take a punch

• Yves9 months agoReport

Yeah i think i will begin doint sit-ups since my abs are close to non-existent. Thanks for the reply.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

If you don't want it to happen again, then don't get into any more fights and get punched in the belly.

• Yves9 months agoReport

It was not my choice if a guy was thinking i was onto his girlfriend just for talking to her. I said i was not but he punched me anyway.

• 9 months ago

build your abs and flex the muscles when taking a punch.

One famous death though to take as a word of caution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Houdini#Death

• 9 months ago

It's best to avoid it.

If it's unavoidable, flex your abs right before the strike. It's not going to make you invincible. But it helps. That is how I was taught.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Don't get involved in a fight.

• Yves9 months agoReport

I'm a non-violent person. I was talking to a girl when his boyfriend showed up and asked me if i was onto his girlfrend. I sais no but he punched me anyway.

• 9 months ago

It is better to learn to step aside.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.