Do you realize how much it costs to go to the hospital?

I was there 2 1/2 days to have pins removed from a broken hip and the bill was $66,000. Insurance paid for most of it but I think the price was outrageous.

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

Free in the

UK aren't we lucky.

• Edna

I have a very good idea of how much it costs to go to an ER or be admitted to a hospital. But luckily I don't HAVE any hospital bills - not even a co-pay. I have health insurance that is 100% paid for by my former employer as a part of my retirement package), and Medicare; and Humana Medicare Advantage coverage (which is also 100% paid by my former employer). A hospital stay costs me NOTHING!

Of course, not everyone is lucky enough to have that kind of coverage. My sister had her gallbladder removed. Her hospital bill alone (for the privileged of lying in a bed for 2 days) was over $25,000 - and that wasn't counting the surgeon's bill.

I am going in for a small procedure on Thursday. Costs me nothing. I've pay for my health care in modest taxes, and I do mean modest, but it wouldn't matter if I'd never been employed, I'd still be covered.

move to the UK...………..

• thats why i'm glad i don't live in america.

• Marc

You are right, It is out of control

• audrey

And the dims want to pay for health care for a gazillion illegals!

• Diane A

you already do now, due to EMTALA