Do you realize how much it costs to go to the hospital?

I was there 2 1/2 days to have pins removed from a broken hip and the bill was $66,000. Insurance paid for most of it but I think the price was outrageous.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Free in the

UK aren't we lucky.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I have a very good idea of how much it costs to go to an ER or be admitted to a hospital. But luckily I don't HAVE any hospital bills - not even a co-pay. I have health insurance that is 100% paid for by my former employer as a part of my retirement package), and Medicare; and Humana Medicare Advantage coverage (which is also 100% paid by my former employer). A hospital stay costs me NOTHING!

Of course, not everyone is lucky enough to have that kind of coverage. My sister had her gallbladder removed. Her hospital bill alone (for the privileged of lying in a bed for 2 days) was over $25,000 - and that wasn't counting the surgeon's bill.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I am going in for a small procedure on Thursday. Costs me nothing. I've pay for my health care in modest taxes, and I do mean modest, but it wouldn't matter if I'd never been employed, I'd still be covered.

• 5 months ago

move to the UK...………..

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • thats why i'm glad i don't live in america.

• Marc
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You are right, It is out of control

• audrey
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

And the dims want to pay for health care for a gazillion illegals!

• Diane A
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

you already do now, due to EMTALA

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.