Is it wrong to raise children without TV?

A female co-worker and I were just talking and she mentioned that she has a friend who is raising her 2 your daughters without TV. She said they don't even own one. I told her that she's more than capable of doing that but when those kids get to the age of venturing out on their own they are liable to go... show more A female co-worker and I were just talking and she mentioned that she has a friend who is raising her 2 your daughters without TV. She said they don't even own one. I told her that she's more than capable of doing that but when those kids get to the age of venturing out on their own they are liable to go hog wild with all the new experiences. She mentioned that's not always the case depending upon who you hang out with. In my upbringing I can't say I knew anyone who was raised without a TV in the home. Maybe because they couldn't afford one but not by a parent's choice. She showed me a pic of the family and they looked like they had no idea what any type of fashion was. The mom had very long hair and the kids did too. Again, nothing wrong with that, I just think that these kids don't adjust well to society once they are on their own. Your thoughts? Would you raise your kids without any TV and do you think it will affect them later in life?
Update: I patterned my response to Amish rumspringa where those teens are allowed off the settlement for a period of about 2 years and they literally go hog wild with all the new experiences they've been sheltered from all their lives. I'm not saying to use TV as a baby sitter but I don't see how preventing... show more I patterned my response to Amish rumspringa where those teens are allowed off the settlement for a period of about 2 years and they literally go hog wild with all the new experiences they've been sheltered from all their lives. I'm not saying to use TV as a baby sitter but I don't see how preventing them from any TV would be beneficial to them. TV is not a bad thing is monitored but to have your kids grow up with no knowledge of it is strange to me.