So I ordered something online for the first time and put the right zip code and address but the wrong town am I still getting my item?

• Betty

Providing the zip code was correct it should arrive......

Last time this happened with the company I work for, the package was delivered to the address in wrong town, and we never saw it again. Whoever received it decided to keep it.

likely yes - time will tell

• Bee V2

How far away is the town from the correct one? I think they might catch that its a mistake and send it to whatever town pops up with your address and zip

Ooops...strongly urge you call the shipper to amend your order. Chances are better than even that they'll try to deliver to the town not the zip code.

The sooner you call the more likely the shipper can do something about it. So close Answers now and make that call.

probably, machine sorting could be your friend in this case

Maybe. Depending on the size of the post office, it may be sorted by machine (which looks for the zip code and sorts by it) or it may be sorted by a person who could decide to sent it to the zip code or could decide to send it to the city. At any point between where you mailed it and their mailbox someone could decide to reject and return it to you.

Or they could ignore the city and delivered based on the sip code.

Or they could ignore the zip, try to deliver to the city and have it rejected and returned.

Hopefully you put a "return address" on it. If they are unable to deliver it, they will return it to you and you can re-mail with the corrected address.

If you did not put a return address, it will go into a "dead letter" pile and never be seen again.