How can I show my teachers at school that I can be a leader?

It seems to me that the teachers can often be quite biased on leadership roles, giving them to students whose older siblings were past leaders. I'm not saying that they themselves are bad because I could name a couple who do an exceptional job, and a far better job than I possibly can. However, there's a... show more It seems to me that the teachers can often be quite biased on leadership roles, giving them to students whose older siblings were past leaders. I'm not saying that they themselves are bad because I could name a couple who do an exceptional job, and a far better job than I possibly can. However, there's a select few who aren't really leaders, and are only doing it for the title and badge.

I'm not saying I'm a better leader than others. However, what I can say it I participate in a bit more extra-curricular activities provided by the school like after-school band, or might even try out for the girls basketball team during the season. I also often help with the community by preparing packages for the homeless people so they have at least the necessities to live. In my school's current leaders, I could only say 2 out of 9 do the same, voluntarily.

It just seems to me that because my relationship with the teachers aren't as close and open as the others who've had older siblings, my efforts go unnoticed or tossed aside and won't even be considered as a leader.

I've also noticed that the leaders have a more open relationship with the teachers, often telling them everything happening with their lives.