Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

My Boyfriends mom gets on my nerves.?

My boyfriend and I are living in his moms place, it’s a big house so I have no problem finding a place to be alone when my boyfriend is at work. Or so I thought. She’s always so nosey, if I’m sitting in the second living room she always has an excuse on why she needs to be in the kitchen “open to the living room I’m in” and she will bang plates around and run the sink on full blast to the point where I get tired of turning up the volume on the tv and I’ll go upstairs to my boyfriend and I’s bedroom. And even then she will eventually “have to bring up our laundry” and she goes in our closet to put SOME my boyfriends clothes away.. like 2 pairs of socks out of the whole basket. If I buy extra soap to use in our bathroom soap dispenser, she will take it and use it in all the bathroom around the house so I have to hide it now. If we buy anything from the store she has to know what it is, same with my mail, she’s always asking what I got in the mail.. If my boyfriend and I get a load from an auction she’s always down there touching it and going through it.. AND HERES THE MOST ANNOYING F*CKING THING!!!! If I go to my room to use MY bathroom she will have some dumb *** excuse to come in my room for example. one time she needed to give me a bar of soap.. like is this **** normal?

• Orla C

Get a job yourself, then you won't be stuck in her house all day, and you'll have money to get your own place much sooner.

No one has mentioned the obvious; so I will. There is no such thing as a woman good enough for a mom's son. So get used to it. You'll never be fully accepted into the family by your bf's mom.

My mom never accepted the California girl that I married. And my California girl never accepted the rich girl her son married.

I think it's in their genes, mother's just don't trust or like the girls who threaten to take their sons away from them.

Your response to Kelly was so rude it provides a big clue about the problem here.

Why on earth would you move with your bf into his mommy's home? Most moms wouldn't let this happen, yet for some reason she decided to give you a roof over your head. Did you think this meant you could call the shots?

Sorry, cupcake. You get to do that when YOU are the one who owns or rents the place, and it's YOUR name on the utilities.

Finally, you're getting your own place in the fall? Fall is a month away. You and he will be financially stable enough to pay rent and utility deposits, furnish the place, pay your own bills? Both of you? I doubt that.

Normal for someone who doesn't really want you sponging off of her and probably wishes you'd just leave. You shouldn't be just lurking around HER home while your bf is at work. You should be at work too so in the near future the two of you can move out. You're a guest, and an uninvited one it sounds like, and you have no expectation of privacy while you're crashing at someone else's house.

• kim

How1 did you think this was going to go? Good grief? Try your own mama. But it sounds like this mom takes very good care of her home and him.

that dont sound normal to me, maybe you should move out

• paul

it is not normal to be living in your boyfriends mothers house , so you are the one with a problem

• Dr. Stephanie

You appear to have no way to support yourself, why not? How old are you? How much training or education? You can't expect to depend on the generosity of others indefinitely.

Wow, so you are living with a mamas boy.

If you are older than 21 then I think that's ridiculous that you are a grown woman living under a grown man's mom's roof.

I am looking, for a home to buy, and I am deciding where it's going to be. I am not a pathetic loser like your boyfriend.

I assume he doesn't have any goals, so he is probably going to be living with his mom, for a long time.

Source(s): I am a male.
    • Hos5 months agoReport

من و مادرم و دوستش یکجا کار میکنیم.پدرم جداشده

• Kelly

That's the price you pay when living with someone else. Grownups live on their own. That's not your bedroom and your bathroom... they are both HERS and she's *letting* YOU use them.

Also, what's up with buying soap or any other item exclusively just for you when you are using items in the home purchased by her or someone else that everyone uses? That's petty at best.

Why are you just sitting around all day anyway? Find something productive to do with your time.

• Dr. Stephanie

This isn't a forum for slinging insults at one another, its an advice column and that's just what you received.

Her House!!! Don't like it, move out.