Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 6 months ago

Can you make a YouTube channel if you’re shy ?

I want to do it and it scares me , people seeing it and making fun of it , if you’ve had a similar experience, can you tell me how you dealt with it ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes you can because you will soon get brave

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Of course you can! The more you do it, you'll get used to it! I would maybe try a few practice runs without actually posting (before editing and posting the final cut where you feel better), see how it goes. Maybe remind your viewers for the first few vids that you're new to this and won't be as awkward once that passes, so be patient with you.

Yes, there's plenty of channels where the creator hides behind a brand name they created and just show stuff from in front of the camera, or appear in the video but you mostly only ever see their hands.

For instance for brand names just showing stuff in front of the camera, there is:

- Virtual Railfan (21 Live Webcams pointed at rail tracks, streaming over YouTube)

- Marsh Steam Videos (another rail enthusiast channel)

- JDUCK1979 (my personal channel)

For channels where you mostly just see the creator's hands, and only rarely see their face:

- ChrisFix (car repair channel)

- MrGear (science experiments + life hacks)

- TechRax (science experiments trashing cellphones)

Other creators worth watching to see how they've evolved, and they've openly admitted they occasionally still feel a right muppet yabbering to a camera in public, even after they've established one successful channel and added a Vlog channel and got their family involved:

- Roman Atwood Vlogs (rewind to content from 2014-2016 and compare to 2018-2019_

- OfftheRanch (Matt from DemolitionRanch + family)

- Lake Life Family (Justin Rackley, aka "LakeForkGuy" + wife Stephanie + daughter)

- The Real Americans (Rob from "LunkersTV" + wife Sarah + daughter Avery)

You may note especially how their wives have evolved as the channel progresses, from looking like they wished their man stuck the camera where the sun doesn't shine in the earlier vlogs, to getting more confident in recent months and getting more involved with the channel.

Absolutely! There are many popular youtubers that have a massive following despite their air of shyness (Jenny Nicholson for example is very quiet and soft-spoken and that's a big reason why many people find her so charming). Just don't let your shyness overtake you to the point where the video has little substance.

Yes most certainly ,why not

All credits to Sue Kirk, uergosg284931 ·, ConservativeChitChat, Rebecca

• 6 months ago

Of course you can! The more you do it, you'll get used to it! I would maybe try a few practice runs without actually posting (before editing and posting the final cut where you feel better), see how it goes. Maybe remind your viewers for the first few vids that you're new to this and won't be as awkward once that passes, so be patient with you.

• 6 months ago

Yes, there's plenty of channels where the creator hides behind a brand name they created and just show stuff from in front of the camera, or appear in the video but you mostly only ever see their hands.

For instance for brand names just showing stuff in front of the camera, there is:

- Virtual Railfan (21 Live Webcams pointed at rail tracks, streaming over YouTube)

- Marsh Steam Videos (another rail enthusiast channel)

- JDUCK1979 (my personal channel)

For channels where you mostly just see the creator's hands, and only rarely see their face:

- ChrisFix (car repair channel)

- MrGear (science experiments + life hacks)

- TechRax (science experiments trashing cellphones)

Other creators worth watching to see how they've evolved, and they've openly admitted they occasionally still feel a right muppet yabbering to a camera in public, even after they've established one successful channel and added a Vlog channel and got their family involved:

- Roman Atwood Vlogs (rewind to content from 2014-2016 and compare to 2018-2019_

- OfftheRanch (Matt from DemolitionRanch + family)

- Lake Life Family (Justin Rackley, aka "LakeForkGuy" + wife Stephanie + daughter)

- The Real Americans (Rob from "LunkersTV" + wife Sarah + daughter Avery)

You may note especially how their wives have evolved as the channel progresses, from looking like they wished their man stuck the camera where the sun doesn't shine in the earlier vlogs, to getting more confident in recent months and getting more involved with the channel.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Absolutely! There are many popular youtubers that have a massive following despite their air of shyness (Jenny Nicholson for example is very quiet and soft-spoken and that's a big reason why many people find her so charming). Just don't let your shyness overtake you to the point where the video has little substance.

• 6 months ago

Yes most certainly ,why not

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.