Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 8 months ago

Is it possible to raise children without spanking?

How? Because I would like to do that.

In civilized countries spanking is illegal, even spanking your own children.

• Star_of_Darkness

NOpe,. Almost every where spanking is LEGAL

NOpe

They have to be smacked. Kids who are never smacked are spoiled, bratty and will never grow properly and won't make anything of themselves

Kids who are smacked are not spoiled and bratty and grow into better people

Read the parenting books! Especially perhaps “How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk” by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish

• Suzy Q

Sure. I've never spanked my kids, but they do know how to behave.

I'd say natural consequences are an important part of my parenting style. If you make a mess, you clean it up. If you throw your food, the meal is over. If you misbehave in company, hurting or insulting others, you have to sit by yourself for a while. If you break it, you either fix it or (if possible) pay for it. If you use something irresponsibly, you lose it.

And of course the other side of the coin: if you are kind and generous to others, you get to invite friends for play dates more often. If you handle possessions responsibly, you may sooner get more expensive things, like a tablet. If you help around the house, chores get done faster and we can do something fun together.

My kids know exactly what the rules are, and what consequences to expect if they don't follow them. And while I certainly wouldn't claim they are perfect little angels, they do usually try to live by the rules.

• keerok

Yes.

Just look at America.