Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

What makes "the bible" so special of a book as compared to any other? When it was written by humans just like many other books prior?

And if you think the bible is special, whats to say about the quran with verses and claims of their own version of a god?

BQ: what makes your version of a god so "powerful" when many other religious members of different religions make the same claims of their versions while rejecting yours?

• Favorite Answer

When I was a Christian, I didn't comprehend the scientific comprehensions of the universe and life. Now that I have some reckoning of them, I am easily shifted into skepticism. Doubt where evidence is lacking, deny where evidence is none.

• Daddy Dennis

People like you think calling yourself an ex-Christian gives you credentials or something. It does not. To Christians we know you are either still one or never were one. To your new godless friends you are just the ex-crazy person.

• God

Every religion has its book of fairy tales. The bible and the quran are nothing more than that.

• Megumi

It is nothing special at all. It is no better than the Torah, Quran, Vedas, Eddas, Homeric Hymns, Book of Mormon, Tao Te Ching, Kojiki, etc.

• Daddy Dennis

Nice try Garrett. But science says Atheist are some of the most distrusted and least liked people. Only Scientologists rank lower. Each time you spew your dogmatic Atheist hatred at people of faith, Atheism suffers. Thanks.

The bible is among the top 5 books that clerics use to control the gullible and separate them from the money. It is a very powerful story if used by the right con artists.

• Simple...our brothers that are aliens do not know it yet. They have to evolve to know us and the Bible.

• Garrett

the Bible is merely quite poor fiction used in a con game. Have you tithed enough at church yet to buy your pastor a new Rolex watch?

• Alan H

Many have found transformation in the One revealed there

• Garrett

Many people are deluded. Thomas Jefferson, Isaac Asimov, Donald Hamilton and others said proper reading of the Bible shows that God does not exist.

Most of us who really believe in Jesus wasn't lead to him through the Bible we were lead to him through personal experience. The Bible was a way to get to know him better. We know it's the word of God because of the power in the word. Did you know God's word still holds weight even if you aren't a believer? BUT the Bible will not save you. Only Jesus Christ can. You can read the Bible from front to back and never be saved.

God is the only one who offers salvation and the only one who offers you a way to be righteous through him and not through yourself.

• Megumi

God is no more real than Amaterasu, Yu Ti, Shiva, Zeus, Jove, Odin, Enki, Quetzalcoatl, etc.

The date you use to tell people your correct age and to conduct business comes from the Bible. If you really believe the Bible is false then take a stand. Use a date not tied to it. It will make your life so much harder since every financial market, the United Nations, the Universal Postal Service and your bank use it to keep track of time.

You are not allowed to change the words attached and keep using it. Just like I can't change the name of my car to Ferrari and sell it for massive profits. You will need to find a new number to maintain your integrity.

The first book off a printing press. The most popular book in the history of mankind. The most studied work in the history of mankind. If you compare it to "other" then you are irrational and motivated by justifying your default and materialistic view of the world. Instead of joining the growing mob of Biblical illiterates, say a prayer and read it with a repentant heart. Be a real rebel and not a joiner. Use that gifted mind for something more than cheap kicks for self. Unleash its true potential.

"This book had to be written by one of three people: good men, bad men or God. It couldn’t have been written by good men because they said it was inspired by the revelation of God. Good men don’t lie and deceive. It couldn’t have been written by bad men because bad men would not write something that would condemn themselves. It leaves only one conclusion. It was given by divine inspiration of God.” John Wesley

Source(s): The Bible, history
    • Daddy Dennis

Reaching someone like you in this format is harder than jumping into the air and landing on Mars. I would like to thank you for helping stunt the growth of Atheism though. Your approach is toxic to it and drives people from it. Your lingering teen angst helps us. Thank you.

The Bible is no ordinary book! It is God's living word. God chose certain prophets to write it through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. There is great power in the words. When you read it with the guidance of the Holy Spirit the words feed your spirit. In a hospital I had a young Christian girl pray Psalm 91 aloud to me & the words felt like they became "alive" & moved through my spirit! And I felt darkness leave me.I had no idea Psalm 91 is a prayer of protection. I knew at that moment I had to become a Christian because I had proof of God's power & the living word of God.

• Garrett

The Bible is extraordinary only for the "Gao Pei" it contains. The Eddas are Odin's word. The Vedas are the word of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. The Homeric Hymns are Zeus' word. Reading the Bible made atheists of Thomas Jefferson, Isaac Asimov, myself and many others.

The Author.....God

people do not define God. God defines people

• Garrett

The author of the Eddas was Odin. The author of the Homeric Hymns was Zeus. The author of the Kojiki was Amaterasu. You cannot be reasonable and objective since primitive emotions control you. I overcame that, but you can't.