Why is witchcraft mostly a female thing?

Does it mean a woman is more sensitive to unreal things

There are male witches too my friend for I am a male witch 👍

Because women were healers and the herbal medicines they used were considered magic.

• Todd

Well, let's start with no one has a solid definition of witchcraft. Blaming people of witchcraft was an easy way to stop any forming of feminism.

The truth is, there is no such thing as real witchcraft. I'm sorry believers, but it's the truth, It's not a craft at all, more of a fake hobby. There is no one unifying belief system. It's all chaotic and has no base.

Ergi (noun) and argr (adjective) are two Old Norse terms of insult, denoting effeminacy or other unmanly behavior. In Old Norse, seiðr was a type of sorcery practiced in Norse society during the Late Scandinavian Iron Age. Strength and courage are traditionally manly qualities that were highly valued in Old Norse societies. This is exemplified in the attitudes surrounding Seiðr and its place as a feminine craft. A woman practising Seiðr would sometimes be called völva, meaning seeress. Because Seiðr was viewed as a feminine practice, men who engaged in it were associated with a concept called ergi, the designation of a man in Norse society who was unmanly, feminine and possibly homosexual.

Because males do wizardry

my only guess is that because Wicca and western occult traditions involving magic or esoteric beliefs was based on empowerment through knowledge and wisdom for the individual, so those traditions were less hierarchal in terms of gender roles and there wasn't any notion of patriarchal systems associated with those beliefs.

so it probably had much more of widespread appeal to women since women practitioners were seen in much higher value than say more dogmatic orthodox beliefs in judea-christian traditions

Source(s): just speculating, I don't practice witchcraft or follow any religion