Mild Learning disability, working at Starbucks?

I really love Starbucks, have a great memory, quick learning at most stuff. wondering if most management would accommodate mild disabilities. I'd take longer to learn register as an example. Anyone have any experience?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

in the US, legally they are required to allow reasonable accommodations such as reasonable extra training time. but most employers violate the law and unless you are rich, you can't enforce it (EEOC is worthless).

you can try getting help from the state vocational rehab program, they may be able to arrange for extra training.

• 2 months ago

I think mild learning disabilities are a requirement to work at the Starbucks near me.

• 2 months ago

In my local Starbucks their is somebody with Down syndrome working their they fit in just fine get the job done friendly and seems no issue so you should be fine

• 2 months ago

a register is not hard it takes time to learn

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

I am a 58 year-old man and I can operate a cash register it doesn't take very much to learn how to operate a cash register and Starbucks has a simple itinerary

• 3 months ago

Work as the guy who makes the coffee.

• 3 months ago

youre probably not the only one

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

A register is not hard to learn and if it takes too long, they cant have that. Might be easier to hire someone without a disability.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.