Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 6 months ago

Anyone know where I can buy a GT RTS 1, 2, or 3 for around 300 USD in New England (or get shipped to New England)?

Up until a few years ago, I had a GT RTS 2 and I loved that thing. When it broke, I tried getting another bike, but it doesn’t seem like they make bikes like they used to anymore. I can’t stand using them. I’m not the richest person, so I’m not sure if I can get one of these bikes again. But if anyone could steer me towards getting one, I’d be thankful.

You should search OfferUp or Letgo apps. Craigslist is another option.

"it doesn’t seem like they make bikes like they used to anymore"

They certainly don't. The newest mountain bikes are far superior to bikes built 25 years ago. The state of the art has moved on. However, if you have a $300 budget you are not going to find much in a dual suspension bike. A new bike will be a department store special, and a used bike will have seen tons of use and abuse. I had a 1998 GT LTS, and it was a pretty good bike at the time, but I basically had to replace everything except the frame to keep it going. When I upgraded to a 10 year newer bike, I could not believe how much better mountain bikes had become. Yes, they don't make them like they used to, but you have to compare a new bike whose inflation adjusted price compares to the price of your vaunted GT RTS today. That would now be a $3000 at least bike

• RandomGuy6 months agoReport

Got any good bike recommendations for me then?

You wanting a mountain bike from the mid 90's. Finding one in good condition may be challenging. The best I was able to do was find a frame on ebay. For what it'll cost to do a build you'd be able to buy a really good mountain bike from a reputable bicycle shop.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?q=gt+rts...

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.