why does my riding mower slow way down when I engage the deck?

Before you engage the deck all the power is going to the wheels. When you enage the deck there is less power going to the wheels. Less power = slower.

cause it doesn't want to see u engage it!

i have never seen a ride on mower that does not do that

It takes power to run the deck you can compensate for that slow down my properly adjusting the carburetor

• y

I'm going to guess that something is wrong with your motor deck. Whether that is string wrapped around slowing it down, belts not quite right, lack of lube, bad blades, brakes still grabbing, the list actually can get quite long. I have no idea. It all starts with doing a visual inspection and if that turns up nothing, pulling the deck and figuring it out. One thing you may want to take a peek at, is before takeing the cable that engages the blades off, see what it does with the engine off, but the blade in the engaged position, look at the brakes

It is probably sitting in grass which provides a drag on the engine. Back it up a little.

Have you ever greased your spindles? It works.