Deforestation/Unsustainable logging Versus Eating meat. Which has a greater impact on the environment?

I am aware that eating meat is a large cause for deforestation, however I am wondering as to what scale we are re-planting trees in the world, and how that compares to the impact Vegetarianism has. I am having a discussion on a forum and this is something that would not require a quick and easy search (already... show more I am aware that eating meat is a large cause for deforestation, however I am wondering as to what scale we are re-planting trees in the world, and how that compares to the impact Vegetarianism has. I am having a discussion on a forum and this is something that would not require a quick and easy search (already tried many searches).

I don't want to be ignorant if not eating meat actually actually does more than replanting trees. Therefore I am referring here for answers.

Detailed, informative answers are appreciated.

This (may?) be tough to answer.