Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 6 months ago

I am dreading turning 21 in 4 months. What should I do?

Hi everyone so for some reason I am not excited for my upcoming 21st birthday. I know it’s a big birthday and I should be excited but it just seems that my time as a kid and minor is over and I will never get those years back again. My family is also probably going to force me to drink when I don’t want to. I know I sound pathetic for complaining, but how can I overcome this feeling? Is anyone else feeling the same? All answers are appreciated.

Favorite Answer

See a doctor and get yourself checked for depression..........

21 you have most of your life to look forward to, not as a kid but an adult.

Here you claim you're 21, in other posts you're 53. Make up your mind, or stop trolling.

Look at a current picture of Clint Eastwood at 80+ years and realize he has great genes but is still wrinkled and will soon die. Then look in largest mirror you have in your house. Appreciate the fact that you are 21 years you can breath normal, you can walk unassisted and you have young and resilient skin free from age spots and irritation. That's the only pep talk I can offer.

You should get your testicles pierced and then let everyone know what a big big boy you are becoming.

• Cogito

You're as young as you feel.

21 is just a number.

There's no real change at the age of 21 - you'll still feel the same and want to do the same things!

I've been feeling a bit like that for the past 40 years but honestly, it's no big deal.

And if you don't want to drink - say so! You do have to learn to be assertive and not allow yourself to be bullied. They cannot 'force' you. Just say no, and mean no.