Who normally drives babysitters home?

I babysit quite often but am not old enough to drive. My mom will drive me to gigs but really does not like to drive me home. I feel bad asking parents and I'm afraid it will effect the number of jobs I get, but I often have no choice. Buses typically don't run past 9:00pm where I live. Is it fair of me to ask this of the parents?

Favorite Answer

Yes. When my kids were little, it was always assumed that one of the parents would drive the babysitter home. (I always did it because I figured the teenage girl who was sitting would be more comfortable with me than with my husband.) Just say to the parents, "I won't be able to get a bus home after 9:00. Will one of you be able to drive me home?"

• Amaretta

I just want to add that if you aren't old enough to drive, you shouldn't be walking home alone from the bus late at night, either. The people you sit for really SHOULD be taking you home.

• Pat

Absolutely.

Set it up with them before you take the job.

• edward

No. If i had to ask my boss to drive me home...i would get fired for sure. Taking precious time and gas to drive me home after they already paid me. Get a taxi, get an uber. Don’t ask to be dropped off, you’re already paid

• edward

I’m not saying charge just as much but you don’t need to charge so little