Anonymous

Why do people say you have to know people to get a job, when I have a job, and I didn't know anyone at my company?

• Favorite Answer

Same here and I manage to get jobs. They saw that I had the skills and relevant experience to do the job, but I felt like I had to prove to them that I can do the job. I don't feel that way any more. I didn't know any one at the company I currently work for, I got to know my co workers over time.

It can help if you have contacts / connections that work in the company you're applying to. They can vouch for you, make you feel more at ease and less like a stranger in the job.

Many kind of campaigne to online about of job. Find who is perfect

The last three jobs I've had (in fifteen years) were obtained exclusively by knowing the right people who could vouch for me or who simply hired me because they knew me. I didn't have a single interview for any of them.

It is the saying it's not what you know, it's who you know.

It doesn't mean you can't get a job without knowing someone-------

but it often helps if you DO.

Think Ivanka Trump.--------------

connections help,

You don't understand a thing about networking and marketing yourself and being in a professional job. Sorry kiddo, McDonald's or Wal-Mart do not count as who you know type of jobs. Lmfao!

Did you Iand your first job recentIy or are we taIking about decades ago? Nowadays they say it's not what you know, it's who you know. l was abIe to get a job through my dad who sent my resume out to acquaintances. l appIied to many pIaces the oId-fashioned way, and didn't get anything worthwhile. My brother is a chemicaI engineer with a master's and has the same probIem, despite having an in-demand degree and getting good grades. He got aII his internships through acquaintances. At the very Ieast you have to go to a career fair or something and meet the recruiters. l've never met someone who got a full-time finance or engineering job just by applying. l was surprised my sister even got an engineering internship just by applying, some say it's because they can add her to the quota for female employees without having to actuaIIy hire long-term femaIe employees IoI

• Murzy

The best way to get a job is by networking yourself with people you know.

• Judy

Some places it helps, although people who say that are exaggerating a lot.

And, yes, the experience of one person - you - certainly dispels the validity of that statement.