What is the point in becoming a vegan?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Megumi
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

There is none that makes a bit of sense.

• 7 months ago

Its healthy and always keep you smart and super fit.

• Megumi
      Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

That is not true.

• 7 months ago

There’s none it’s a cult

• Megumi
      Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

Yes, you are correct!

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

what is the POINT ( objective ) in becoming a VEGAN ?

this is how it works

Human Beings have SEXUAL INTERCOURSE

a certain percentage of the time that results in a PREGNANCY and a birth .

. PARENTS then raise their offspring to embrace the CULTURE of VEGETARIANISM or the CULTURE of OMNIVORES

while CARNIVORE does not imply any choice

the majority of ANIMALS do not DECIDE to be carnivore or herbivore....

the same way humans are OMNIVORES without having done any choice

ACCORDING to various VEGAN

( note there are differences between Vegetarianism and VEGAN BY DEFINITION MEANS no PART OF ANIMALS AS IN leather FURS GELATIN wool PIANO KEYS EVEN honey )

web sites such as HAPPY COW they claim

it is part of a a "BELIEF SYSTEM " it is "unethical to eat animals " AS WELL AS USE ANY OF THE ANIMAL PRODUCTS EXAMPLE WOOL LEATHER THAT MIGHT INCLUDE NATURAL MEDICAL sutures ..( animal intestine ) ..

.... Well if ancient man had not used the SINEW and animal hides bones for needles and gut for wound repair and consumed meats to SURVIVE much of the human population might not be here today

. perhaps in a human Vegans thinking

that LION an ANIMAL is UNETHICAL to eat that other animal a Antelope

which has taken place for hundreds of centuries the earliest writings mentioning VEGANISM is by the GREEK mathematician Pythagoras in 500 BCE the first VEGAN society was formed in England in 1847 and 3 years later REV. Sylvester GRAHAM the inventor of the GRAHAM CRACKER started the American vegan society

VEGANISM is a extreme form of VEGETARIANISM

the term VEGAN - VEGANISM is first coined in 1944

flesh avoidance is traced back to ancient INDIAN and Mediterranean societies

CLUE Apes , Gorilla and Orangutans are herbivores

while CHIMPS are OMNIVORES same as humans

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Really?

Basically, “the point” of becoming vegan is because people want to. If you can't see “the point” in doing something you want to do then I can't explain it.

There are many reasons people become vegan. In many cases it's a combination of reasons:

1/ People simply don't like the taste, texture, smell etc. of animal products.

2/ They don't like the idea of consuming something that is produced by an animal or something made from a dead animals.

3/ They believe it is wrong to “use” animals for food production. It involves some cruelty and is unnecessary. They simply do not want to be a part of this. To me, this is a perfectly valid reason. It is NOT though the only reason or even the main one.

4/ They have watched too many Disney films and think that animals are “too cute” to eat. These people generally have never a tually seen a real live farm animal.

5/ They believe that “being vegan” is more healthy. This is a silly idea but considering how gullible people are and how much misleading (or just plain wrong) information is around it's no wonder some people think this.

6/ As above but concerning pollution and the idea of “saving the planet”.

7/ For religious reasons.

8/ They come from a background where veganism is “the norm”- probably they were brought up that way.

9/ Peer pressure or because they think it is “cool”. This seems to be less common than it was a few years ago.

10/ They have a mistaken idea of what “being vegan” involves. Although they identify themselves as “vegan” (and probably think they are) they still consume some animal products.

• Dima6 months agoReport

your body ages less if you are vegan because apes our relatives were vegan

• Daisy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The only reason to be vegan is because you think it's wrong to kill and eat other animals. Period.

Any claims others make are simply vegan manure. Vegans don't live longer, have prettier skin, aren't smarter, may not lose weight, save a single animal life or the planet, bla, bla, bla, simply by refusing to eat/use animal products.

• Dima6 months agoReport

i am vegan,am 47 and look like i am 30!Whadda you say to THAT??

• 7 months ago

I think it's a personal choice

• denise
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Healthy eating / diet, maybe ones conscience?

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

plenteousveg.com/dangers-of-being-vegan

Attachment image
    Source(s): www.mnn.com/.../side-effects-of-becoming-vegetarian
  • 7 months ago

uhh...healthier lifestyle and less animal cruelty?

• ...Show all comments
    • Spectreskeptic
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

I did not say it is a healthier lifestyle for everyone, but individually it may be. I actually answered the question asked. If you can think of other reasons apart for seeking better health or reducing animal cruelty, i'd love to hear them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.