Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 3 months ago

Identity Theft?

Hello, I am from Indonesia. Recently, someone came up to me claiming he knows me. Surprisingly, someone made a fake account of Whatsapp, LINE, and several more. I don t know what to do. This person is using my name and my pictures he/she took from my instagram. I don t upload much, I only post instastories during beautiful moments, and never more than 5 posts in a few days. I am really confused and scared. This person could be ruining lives and do embarrassing things using my name.

I don t know what to do. If I confront the person right away, he/she could just make another account.

Get more followers on Instagram from Followfans.com

Block and report!

• David

1)You will have to inform the various social sites and ask them to take down the fakes

2)if you want to continue with instagram you will have to adjust your privacy settings and then disconnect your Instagram account from any other linked accounts as even if you set your privacy settings high your details can still be viewed from other linked accounts. Instagram actually ‘warns’ for this to happen in their privacy settings:

“If someone with a private profile shares a photo or video to a social network (like Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare and so on) using Instagram, the image will be visible on that network and the permalink will be active. In other words, the photo will be publicly accessible by anyone who has access to its direct link/URL.”

3) Inform the police if needed,

4) confront the person, if necessary take someone with you to help.

Wow that's insane that's not fun.

Uh, you might want to call the cops to protect yourself