allie asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 5 months ago

I’m 15 and want to be in the hospital more than 1 day for exploratory laparoscopic surgery. how do I do that ?

• Lili

That's outpatient surgery. Sorry, but you can't force them to keep you in for any longer than they normally do.

You can't force them to do the surgery at all if there isn't some good reason for it.

Just go. Do what they tell you. Tell the pros if something is uncomfortable, or hurts, and if you would like or need something. Ask questions if you don't know what's going on. Then chill..... everyone there knows what they are doing and wants to help you and usually is kind and friendly.

Tell docs that........ Lol......mmmm

They do not do exploratory laparoscopic surgery unless there is a real chance of there being something wrong.

Are you willing to pay for it, thousands? Because your insurance won’t pay for something not indicated. Hospitals are noisy, full of germs and have hard beds and bad food. Go home.

I've had it done and I was discharged a couple of hours after the surgery even after being given 10mg morphine. They won't keep you in for shitts and giggles but may refer you to psychology for your malingering and attention seeking.

are you crazy? you want to have surgery when there is no need?

• Retief

Tell your doctor that is what you want.