Which is generally more reliable from having my precious music recordings get damaged,digital flash chip or cassette tapes? (Tapes chewd up)?

Anyone serious about recording their original music isn't going to use cassette tapes. Yes, I know, they are the latest cool, retro thing but they just don't have very good quality. I have literally, a room full of reel to reel tapes - 1/4" and 1/2". Reel to reel is much better quality then cassette. On these are recorded thousands of hours of music, some of it by famous artists. Much of it is one-of-a-kind. It's gradually being transferred to digital. It is being sent to "the cloud" and is being stored here on hard drives - HDD not SSD. A HDD will last virtually forever as long as it's not being used - archival. Solid state will not and this includes all forms of flash drives.

If you are serious, upload your music to a computer, the cloud, and AND an external HDD. When you want to listen to it or edit, use the internal drive. After editing, back it up on the external / cloud.

Solid state memory.

Tapes can literally fall apart over time.